Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Isidro Metapan....is that Spanish for "help I've fallen and I can't get up"?


Robertson Stadium
Houston, TX
8-19-09

Houston Dynamo 1-0 Isidro Metapan

Houston kicked off their CONCACAF Champions League bid tonight against Isidro Metapan. First off where the hell were all the fans? The stadium was so empty. There were only about 12 people sitting in my section.

I don't know Metapan. Their keeper look shit during warm up. Couldn't go his right to save his life. Once the game started their true "skill" came out. Their ability to fall down. Seriously! They were dropping like flies out there. Other players didn't even need to be any where near them. They just couldn't stay upright. Forget the Swine Flu, that Salvadorian dropping sickness looks much worse.

First half consisted of Dynamos attacking, Metapan alternating between falling down and defending. Ref being a blind moron.
Second half the subs made the difference for the Dynamos. Holden imediately gave them problems and soon conected with Ching for the winner. I don't think Metapan ever got a shot on goal all night.

Low attendance means I was quickly out of the parking lot and home. The match was shown on a 1 hour delay on Fox Soccer Channel so I was able to get home and watch the second half on TV. Talk about Deja Vu all over again. Freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment