Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Stalking We Will Go........


Sept 10
London Day 2

OK I have been in the UK for a day and it is time to start the great hunt for JB version 2009. I know where the Bakery is so I at least have a start point on this trip. In past times I have just walked for hours through the streets of Camden with out finding anything but sore feet. Today I decide on the the #24 bus up to Hampstead Heath as my method of travel. Now I have taken the #24 to Camden a zillion times in the past but have always got off near the market and never go all the way to The Heath. So I don't know if it will even go any where near the Bakery, but what the hell, lets go have a look. Once we turn off the Camden High Street the first thing I see is The Bar Fly. I have watched my Coldplay Bar Fly videos a thousand times. This is Coldplay Country. LOL It's Karma working already. The buses in London are much improved in that they now have a voice that announces the stops and what street you at on/approaching. So when I hear "Fleet Road" I get overly excited. Fleet Road is where the Bakery is located. I should get off the bus and try to find it. Well I won't have to "try" at all because when the bus makes the turn, the purple bistro in all it's colorful glory staring me strainght in the face and low and behold there she blows!!!!!!!! Meca to all Coldplayers, The Bakery. I get off at the next stop and walk back. There is a car in the drive, but the security gate that covers the door is closed. I think I see someone from the back side upstairs, but can't be sure. Well poo, no JB but on the good side the bloody bus that stops right outside my hotel door, takes me straight to their door so this will def not be my last trip here.

After nosing about the Bakery, I make the short walk over to Casa de Chrissy. They are playing in Nijmegen that day. I know they played there the day before and most likely stayed over at a hotel, but maybe just maybe they traveled back home after the show and I can catch him leaving for the airport. Approaching I see people gathered around outside on the street and start getting excited. But it turns out to just be workers there doing the construction on his house having a smoke break. I clamly walk past and the front door opens, my heart stops but it was just another worker. I am such a spaz! I cross the street and walk back towards the Bakery and catch the bus back toward the hotel.

I get off the bus at Trafalgar Square and spend several hours in the National Gallery. My favorites are the Rubens and the Sainsbury wing. After is sit out at the Square and watch the people. Trafalgar is alway good for people watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment